Subject: Re: [pkcs11] fwd: CKM_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS struct: password length

On 10/04/2013 8:03 AM, Michael StJohns wrote:
I'd claim that the CK_ULONG_PTR declaration is normative, while the ulPasswordLen  component name and descriptive text are informative.

If you want to fix the informative text, I'm OK with that.  I'd probably annotate this change as a footnote.  I wouldn't change the structure definition in either the text or the header.  I probably wouldn't change the name of the structure component either.

It's all normative.
Try doing anything meaningful in the way of interpretation without what you are suggesting is merely informative text.

Tim.