Subject: alternative approach to distributing PKCS 11 TC call information

Hi –

Robin has suggested that we try using the Action Item capability for the PKCS 11 TC to distribute the call information. Let’s discuss in this week’s PKCS 11 TC call.

Regards,

Bob

From: Robin Cover [mailto:robin@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013 18:48
To: Griffin, Robert
Cc: Robin Cover; Chet Ensign; Paul Knight
Subject: Fwd: phone info for next OASIS PKCS 11 TC call / meeting -- Wednesday 11-DEC-2013 at 4 pm EST (US)

Bob,

If the process of maintaining your own (changing) distribution

lists for private email to TC Members/Observers feels

burdensome, there's another solution you might want to

consider.

Whether it works for you (PKCS11/KMIP TCs) depends upon

several factors, but one OASIS TC has tried it, and they seem

to think it works...

How?  Use an Action Item for the access info: it cannot be

seen by the public, and unless the access info changes,

you can use the same URI/info for successive meetings,

without any work.  You can safely publish the Action Item

URI reference in any messages or documents you wish, or

on the TC public home page, because non-Members cannot

access the content to see access information.

See the attached image file for an example:

File: Meeting-Access-Info-Via-Action-Item.png

The explanation/procedure I gave to the XLIFF TC is recorded

here:

Here is the Action Item the TC members created for "Dial In Information":

They reported to me and Chet that it works: no more

disruptive callers!

Please let me know if you want to discuss the pros/cons, etc.

- Robin

--
Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services