Subject: Re: [pkcs11] PKCS#11 Object Uniqueness error codes

The uniqueness can only be applied to a set of defined domains or a centralized server that generates CKA_ID and all application must go through this server. For example, the CKA_ID can only be guaranteed to be unique within these 3 servers.

Currently, one CKA_ID is tied to all of the below objects:
CKO_PUBLIC_KEY
CKO_PRIVATE_KEY
CKO_CERTIFICATE
CKO_PASSWORD
So, a new attribute, CKA_UUID (or something), seems to be a good idea which identify every CKO_* object uniquely.

This is for PKCS #11 v3.00

-Oscar