Subject: Re: [pkcs11] Broken definitions in PKCS#11 wd03 draft

On 17.09.2014 18:07, Oscar So wrote:
> Thanks Stef.
>
> As I pointed out in last email about CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS2:
>
> CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS2 is defined to deprecate CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS
> But, there are a few problems found:
>
> 1a)
> v2.40 is suppose to be backward compatible, so the provider has to be
> able to distinguish between CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS2 (new) and
> CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS (old), since sizeof(CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS2) ==
> sizeof(CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS), it is hard to figure out which is which.
> Therefore, a new mechanism should be defined for PKCS #11 v3.0.
> So that the old mechanism maps onto CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS (old), and
> the new mechanism maps onto CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS2 (new)

Due to the fact that there's still confusion on how this is meant to be
implemented, but mainly because CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS2 is not in the
Committee Specification, I've removed CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS2 from the
pkcs11t.h and uploaded a WD04 revision of the header:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54137/pkcs11t.h

I think it's important that the header reflects the specification that
we voted on. As we make amendments, we can add stuff back into the header.

Cheers,

Stef