Subject: Re: [pkcs11] Groups - CMVP Letter - Draft 3 uploaded

Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait and see what other feedback comes in given as you note the majority of your suggestions are stylistic in nature.

For reference, Cryptographic Module is a defined term within FIPS 140-2 which is why it was used in that manner throughout the document - this is not referring to "cryptographic modules" in general - just those within the program. At least that was what I had in mind with that usage.

On the suggestion that we should adjust the working so that we requesting that they "consider allowing a transition" that I believe misses the point that the CMVP has already considered and rejected a transition period on this item (multiple vendors and labs have contacted the CMVP on precisely this issue of allowing for a transition period).

Our actual request isn't to consider - we actually want a transition period.

The letter itself is explicitly a request for consideration of its contents - but what we are requesting within the letter is an actual transition not simply consideration.
It is a somewhat subtle but important distinction.

Thanks,
Tim.