Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Groups - Current Mechanisms Review (v2) uploaded

Hi Tony,

thank you for uploading the Current Mechanisms Review overview.

All,

I have worked through the items assigned to me and prepared an updated document csprd version 02 working draft 01 where I have fixed issues #4 to #14, and #17 to #22.

Issues #15 and #16 have been assigned to me. They should be assigned to Bob R. instead as these are changes to the header files.

While updating the Current Mechanisms specification, I noticed the following and updated the mechanism spec:

  • Issue #10: CKM_X9_42_DH_PKCS_PARAMETER_GEN actually doesn’t exist in the header file and the mechanisms spec, but CKM_X9_42_DH_PARAMETER_GEN (i.e. without ”PKCS” in the middle of the mechanism name) does. The necessary update to the mechanisms spec. is thus not to remove the mechanism CKM_X9_42_DH_PKCS_PARAMETER_GEN but to rename it to CKM_X9_42_DH_PARAMETER_GEN. Furthermore I got a bit confused when comparing mechanism names in table 53 and section 2.4.1. I solved that by bringing the mechanisms in section 2.4.1 into the same order as in table 53.
  • Issue #11: Formatting of 2 sentences in section 2.5.3 corrected while changing CKM_X3DH_INITIATE to CKM_X3DH_INITIALIZE.
  • Issue #12: Formatting of CKM_X2RATCHET_INITIALIZE in section 2.6.2 corrected while changing CKM_X2RATCHET_INITALIZE to CKM_X2RATCHET_INITIALIZE.
  • Issue #14: Also updated appendix B.4 and changed CKM_AEX_XTS_KEY_GEN to CKM_AES_XTS_KEY_GEN.
  • Issue #22. While working on issue 22, I noticed font color red in sections 2.63 and 2.63.2 -> changed to font color black.

As final update, I will work on issue #3 once we have clarification from Bob R.

Best regards,

Dieter