pki-ms message

Subject: [Fwd: Nomination for PKI MS SC]

Here's another nomination that bounced.
This is a real problem. I will ask the
OASIS administration and outgoing PKI MS SC
to extend the nomination deadline for
these last few nominations.

Thanks,

Steve

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Nomination for PKI MS SC
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:58:21 -0400
From: Evans Paul <evans_paul@bah.com>
To: pki-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
CC: Steve Hanna <Steve.Hanna@Sun.COM>

I would like to place my name in nomination to the OASIS PKI Member
Section Steering Committee.

I have been involved with, and have promoted, PKI since 1993.  My
initial involvement came while serving as the Federal Aviation
Administration's Liaison to the Aviation Industry for Electronic
Commerce.  There, I identified and brokered a partnership between the
FAA and the U.S. Postal Service that demonstrated compound signing of
electronic forms.  I worked with the Air Transport Association and the
Aerospace Industries Association in petitioning the FAA for changes to
the Federal Aviation Regulations to permit the use of digital signatures
in aircraft maintenance and operations.

I continued to advise and assist the avaition industry in developing a
set of specifications that would provide interoperability in industry
implementations of PKI.  I also was co-chair for the PKI Security
Challenge conducted by the World Electronic Messaging Association (which
subsequently joined The Open Group) that hosted the premiere
demonstration of the U.S. Federal Bridge Certificate Authority.  Later,
I worked as a PKI engineer and project management coordinator for a .NET
startup company and subsequently joined Booz Allen Hamilton where I have
led and teamed on several U.S. Government Departmental and Agency
implementations of PKI.

I have participated in the Federal PKI Technical Workgroup over several
years and participated in all of the NIST PKI Research Workshops.  I was
an initial member of the OASIS PKI Technical Committee and remain active
in the TC's activities.

Respectfully,

Paul Evans
Booz Allen Hamilton