Subject: Comments on PKI TC minutes

Here are some comments and corrections on the PKI TC
minutes previously posted. None of these are of great
substance. I thought I would send them out before our
concall so that we don't need to devote any time to
discussing them (unless there's some disagreement). We
can just move to approve the minutes with these corrections.
I have attempted to include any corrections submitted
by others at earlier PKI TC meetings.

I want to start by saying that the quality of these
minutes has been very high. John and Michelle did a
great job of capturing the main themes of our discussions
without getting bogged down in details. I hope they
don't mind these little corrections. I'm an engineer
so nit-picking comes naturally.

If you like, I'd be glad to take minutes at one meeting
so you can pitch watermelons at me afterwards.

Thanks,

Steve

Minutes of the January 10, 2003 Meeting
---------------------------------------

As previously noted, several names were misspelled.
The correct spellings are (I believe): Michaela McBean,
Sharon Boeyen, and Krishna Yellepeddy.

At the end of John Sabo's presentation, the phrase
"OASIS Membership Section" should be "OASIS PKI
Member Section".

In Derek Brink's comments, there's a missing closing
paren. I think it belongs after the words "greater public".

In my comments, "Sun SDK" should be "Sun's JDK".

In Tim Moses' comments, "TCC" should be "TC" and "RFC-3280"
should be "RFC 3280".

In Jamie Clark's comments, there's an extra semicolon
after the words "technology neutral".

In John Sabo's comments, there's a missing close quote
after "electronic signature".

In the Wrap-up/Follow-up section, "based member interests"
should be "based on member interests".

Minutes of the February 28, 2003 Meeting

Michaela McBean's name was misspelled again.

The last sentence of the section titled "Technical Committee
Membership List" is mangled. Here's a suggested replacement:

   He will coordinate with Terry regarding who requested
   TC membership and when. He will coordinate with Jeff
   Stapleton regarding postings to the Web site.

Minutes of the March 19, 2003 Meeting
-------------------------------------

Krishna Yellepeddy's name was misspelled.

In the Administrative Issues section, it would be more
accurate to have the third sentence say "Those members
who do not attend 2 of every 3 consecutive meetings of
the TC may lose their Voting Member status, per OASIS
rules."

In the section titled "Work Item Discussion", the first
clause should be "Many obstacles exist", not "Many
obstacles exit".

The times for the next TC meeting should be "8:00 AM PDT"
and "11:00 AM EDT" (not PST and EST), since the U.S. had
already shifted to Daylight Savings Time.

Minutes of the April 16, 2003 Meeting

In the section named "Policy for email voting", the phrase
"the today's meeting" should be just "today's meeting".

In the "Status Report from Survey Subcommittee" section,
"websited" should be "web site".

And "Oasis" should be "OASIS" throughout.