OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

pki-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Considering September 30 F2F date

Jeff, would you attend on the September 30 date?

If so, I think we have critical mass for that date. Here's
what I have so far:

In person:
 Sharon Boeyen
 Steve Hanna
 June Leung
 John Sabo
 Ross Smith
 Jeff Stapleton

By phone:
 Peter Doyle
 Jeremy Hilton

That's a quorum (8 of 16 Voting Members). And it's just as
many folks as I had firm RSVPs from for Friday. Also, I
haven't heard from some active members of the TC so we may
get more attendees. I hope so.

Is there anyone else who wants to be heard on the matter of
when our next meeting should be held? I'll let this ride
for another hour. If I hear no objections by then, I'll rule
that we've agreed on a full day F2F on Tuesday, September 30
in Herndon, Virginia with conference call dial-in available
throughout the day.

Why the rush? If we decide today, people can get 14 day
advance purchase airplane tickets. And we have heard from
more than half of our Voting Members.



"Stapleton, Jeff" wrote:
> Steve,
> I suggest September 30, as the ANSI Homeland Security Standards Panel (HSSP)
> is holding a one-day conference in the Wash DC area on Oct 1
> (http://www.ansi.org/meetings_events/featured_events/wsw03/agenda03.aspx?men
> uid=8) which may help draw participants for both the PKI TC and the HSSP
> conference.  Just an idea.
> Jeff
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Steve Hanna [mailto:steve.hanna@sun.com]
> Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 9:39 AM
> To: PKI TC
> Subject: [pki-tc] PKI TC F2F cancelled due to Hurricane Isabel
> Hurricane Isabel is currently predicted to hit the
> Washington, DC area on Friday. This is "one of the
> strongest Atlantic hurricanes in recent memory",
> according to a Reuters report. John Sabo tells me
> that smaller storms in recent years have caused
> widespread power outages and serious property damage
> in the Washington, DC area.
> Therefore, John and I have agreed that we must cancel
> the OASIS PKI TC face-to-face meeting previously
> scheduled for September 19, 2003 in Herndon, Virginia.
> I'm disappointed, but it would be irresponsible to
> place our members in such danger. And it seems likely
> that we would not be able to get anything done at that
> time in that location, due to the weather.
> Although there is considerable uncertainty in the
> forecasts and it is possible that the storm might
> suddenly blow out to sea, the odds strongly favor
> a major storm in the DC area on that date. Waiting
> longer to decide about cancellation would just
> inconvenience our members more.
> I apologize to all those who have made travel plans
> and will lose some deposits. By cancelling four days
> in advance, I hope you will be able to recover some.
> Next, I'd like to ask how to fill the gap left by
> this cancellation. We could schedule a face-to-face
> meeting on one of the backup dates: September 29 or 30.
> Or we could schedule a long conference call (or several
> shorter ones) to accomplish the work we planned for
> the face-to-face meeting: reviewing the results of
> the Follow-up Survey and agreeing on our Action Plan.
> I don't think that we should consider having a
> face-to-face meeting in October. John's schedule is
> very busy and I want to get moving on this Action Plan!
> Please let me know which of these you would prefer
> and which ones would be acceptable to you:
> 1) Face-to-face meeting September 29
> 2) Face-to-face meeting September 30
> 3) Conference calls
> The sooner we can decide this, the better. Especially
> if we decide on a face-to-face meeting. As for myself,
> any of these are fine. I'd prefer a face-to-face meeting
> if we can get 5 or 6 people to attend in person. Otherwise,
> I'd go for conference calls.
> Thanks,
> Steve
> *****************************************************************************
> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
> It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else
> is unauthorized.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited
> and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice
> contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in
> the governing KPMG client engagement letter.
> *****************************************************************************

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]