Subject: For immediate review: Exposure Draft PKI Survey

Dear All

As flagged recently, I am helping the Lower Costs SC develop the
questionnaire for the Third International PKI Survey.  I am happy to
provide the attached Exposure Draft for distribution within the TC alone.

In fact two file versions are attached: one in Excel which I think will be
easier for people to fill out and for us to process, and the other in PDF,
which looks nicer on the screen!

As you may recall, the Lower Costs SC hopes to run the survey publicly for
the first time next week, at the Beijing meeting of the Asia PKI Forum.
Therefore, I am humbly calling for volunteers from the TC to please
feedback to myself BEFORE CLOSE OF BUSINESS THURSDAY 27th.  Sorry for this
terribly short notice, but we have a window of opportunity in Beijing that
is just too good to miss.  All that is required is that a couple of you
spend an hour or so trying to fill in the survey, in the next day or two.
Many many thanks in anticipation!

If that crazy deadline doesn't suit, then please see if you can take a
look at it before November 7, because that will be the week that it will
be finalised before world-wide distribution.

The exposure draft still needs to be tidied up, in terms of consistency of
layout, pages numbers and so on.  I would also like to add more
instructions and explanatory notes.  All suggestions for enhancing its
clarity are gratefully accepted!

Thanks folks for your assistance.  If all goes well, we ought to be able
to finalise the questionnaire and post it publicly starting in mid
November.

Cheers,

Stephen Wilson.

PS I am still looking for (1) input on how to promote the survey through
professional organisations, conferences etc., and (2) directly volunteers
to be added to my address list when the survey runs officially.

Stephen Wilson
OASIS Liaison to Asia PKI Forum

Lockstep Consulting Pty Ltd
www.lockstep.com.au
ABN 59 593 754 482

11 Minnesota Ave
Five Dock NSW 2046
Australia

P +61 (0)414 488 851

About Lockstep
Lockstep was established in early 2004 by noted authentication expert
Stephen Wilson, to provide independent advice and analysis on cyber
security policy, strategy, risk management, and identity management.
Lockstep is also developing unique new smartcard solutions to address
privacy and identity theft.

Lockstep OASIS LCSurvey Form (0.2).xls

Lockstep OASIS LCSurvey Form (0.2).pdf