Subject: [Fwd: Re: Your PKI TC IPR Transition - What is happening?]

Folks,

My apologies for having delayed on this, but I was under the
misconception that we could do this through an electronic
ballot directly.  I understand that a majority of the TC must
first come to a consensus on the type of IPR policy this TC
wishes to be governed under before we can setup a ballot.

Here are the 3 IPR modes (from
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php):

    1. RAND - requires all Obligated Parties to license their Essential
Claims using the RAND licensing elements described in Section 10.1.

    2. RF on RAND Terms - requires all Obligated Parties to license
their Essential Claims using the RF licensing elements described in
Sections 10.2.1 and 10.2.2.

    3. RF on Limited Terms - requires all Obligated Parties to license
their Essential Claims using the RF licensing elements described in
Sections 10.2.1 and 10.2.3.

I personally prefer #2.  Can we get an idea of where the others stand?
Just send an e-mail response to this list indicating your preference
and we'll collate it, determine the consensus and setup the ballot.  Thanks.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.