Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] RE: Parts & categories

Title: Message

I’m tempted to advocate removing the rule all together.

The point of Part is to “semantically” separate it from other sub types of product such as Requirement.

At the ARM level I don’t see why there has to be a product category that is ‘Part’

I can live with Tom’s suggestion though as it probably less contentious.

So, perhaps we do need product category in the capability.

We should make it clear the categories are in the Reference Data, i.e. there is one category “Part” that is classified. The RDL will contain all other classes of Part.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited