Subject: [no subject]

No cyclic part_view_definiton structures may be defined. The value of the
identification_assignment.identifier (for PDM Schema this is the local id
attribute) must be unique in combination with the same relating assembly and
related component definitions. For PLCS this implies that the identifier for
each part_view_definition, part_version and part must be unique within the
assembly. It is generally recommended that only subtypes of
assembly_component_relationship be instantiated. It is not necessary to
instantiate the optional relation_type, location_indicator or quantity
attributes for an instance of next_assembly_usage in the context of a basic
parts list. If information on the assembly type is to be represented, then
this additional information should be represented using the
view_definition_context.description attribute. This information is linked
through the part_view_definition.additional_contexts attribute inherited
from product_view_definition (leaving the application_domain and
life_cycle_stage attributes empty). Examples of such type information are
'functional assembly', 'manufacturing assembly', and 'design assembly'.....

.... I think most is still applicable, except for those examples which might
be different depending upon usage.

Prop 1: This information, however, is now captured under the CVS versioning
so removing these sections for now, is not a problem and may aid consistency
across the capabilities. I could agree to putting this on the "back-burner"
for now so that the complexity issue can be ironed-out first; though I
suspect we may need to come back to it at some point.

The other thing that seems to come out of this (for me at least) is a
question on whether the capabilities should document any of the items
referenced from a select type. In some capabilities I see examples that are
specific to the Dex within which it is primarily to be used, but when I look
at Dex 1, I realize that the example (entity used) in the capability is not
actually present (e.g. out of scope). Likewise, I could have done the same
in generating capabilities under Dex1 & for example, in
assigning_identifiers I may have only used the entity "Part" when showing
how the identification_assignment works, though this may not be present in
al Dexs.

Prop 2: We (modellers) need to decide if we are to document the contents of
these select types or not. I have actually documented ALL PLCS entities
available from the identification_item select type, though only chosen one
for the example. I have also added notes to state that this list may change
depending upon the usage of the capability (i.e. in which Dex) since the
contents of the list may be pruned according to the scope. However, someone
looking at the capability, from a *re-use point of view*, would be able to
see which entities are referable from the material and to make decisions
accordingly for the Dex they are planning. I would therefore, suggest this
as a default position when documenting the capabilties, (though I am still
open to discussion)!

Kind regards,
Tim