Subject: [no subject]

=20

However, some of the sections on  this subject are indeed more generic & =
for
example, under the capability representing_assembly_structure the first
pre-processor statement reads...

=20

No cyclic part_view_definiton structures may be defined. The value of =
the
identification_assignment.identifier (for PDM Schema this is the local =
id
attribute) must be unique in combination with the same relating assembly =
and
related component definitions. For PLCS this implies that the identifier =
for
each part_view_definition, part_version and part must be unique within =
the
assembly. It is generally recommended that only subtypes of
assembly_component_relationship be instantiated. It is not necessary to
instantiate the optional relation_type, location_indicator or quantity
attributes for an instance of next_assembly_usage in the context of a =
basic
parts list. If information on the assembly type is to be represented, =
then this
additional information should be represented using the
view_definition_context.description attribute. This information is =
linked
through the part_view_definition.additional_contexts attribute inherited =
from
product_view_definition (leaving the application_domain and =
life_cycle_stage
attributes empty). Examples of such type information are 'functional =
assembly',
'manufacturing assembly', and 'design assembly'.....

.... I think most is still applicable, except for those examples which =
might be
different depending upon usage.

=20

Prop 1: This information, however, is now captured under the CVS =
versioning so
removing these sections for now, is not a problem and may aid =
consistency across
the capabilities. I could agree to putting this on the "back-burner" for =
now so
that the complexity issue can be ironed-out first; though I suspect we =
may need
to come back to it at some point.

=20

The other thing that seems to come out of this (for me at least) is a =
question
on whether the capabilities should document any of the items referenced =
from a
select type. In some capabilities I see examples that are specific to =
the Dex
within which it is primarily to be used, but when I look at Dex 1, I =
realize
that the example (entity used) in the capability is not actually present =
(e.g.
out of scope). Likewise, I could have done the same in generating =
capabilities
under Dex1 & for example, in assigning_identifiers I may have only used =
the
entity "Part" when showing how the identification_assignment works, =
though this
may not be present in al Dexs.=20

=20

Prop 2: We (modellers) need to decide if we are to document the contents =
of
these select types or not. I have actually documented ALL PLCS entities
available from the identification_item select type, though only chosen =
one for
the example. I have also added notes to state that this list may change
depending upon the usage of the capability (i.e. in which Dex) since the
contents of the list may be pruned according to the scope. However, =
someone
looking at the capability, from a *re-use point of view*, would be able =
to see
which entities are referable from the material and to make decisions =
accordingly
for the Dex they are planning. I would therefore, suggest this as a =
default
position when documenting the capabilties, (though I am still open to
discussion)!

=20

Kind regards,

Tim