Subject: RE: Pre-post processor info

Title: Message
Tim,
maybe you should await doing too many changes until the internal OASIS review of your capabilities have been performed? Isn't it Tom the review modeler for your capabilities (and Gordon the business reviewer)?

Regards
Trine
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Turner [mailto:timturner11@bellsouth.net]
Sent: 4. mai 2004 16:15
To: Hansen, Trine; Tonning, Leif; plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: rob.bodington@eurostep.com; Jochen.Haenisch@epmtech.jotne.com; NFN@lsc.co.uk

Hi Trine,

this action is one of tidying up the capabilities that were drafted while we were still sorting out the ideal structure, some of which has also been addressed in comments from the review process.

This work belongs in the usage section, but I need to see an example of how one is supposed to do this as it is not possible to simply cut/paste those sections straight in which would be the most efficient. I suspect that it will mean a detailed sifting & placement which I don't think we have time for given that no one else is generating this type of information or saying that it is useful. If this is the case my propsal is to delete it. If required later we can retrieve it from the server.

The second aspect that came up during conversation was that of documenting select types within a capability - does this make sense or not & if so should it cover just those in the Dex under construction or, as I proposed, the whole PLCS schema with a note explaining that these will be pruned for a specific Dex? The problem with not doing this is that it can be hard to see how the capabilities/objects link properly from the documentation (..as opposed to the Express).

I need to get consensus on the above before moving forward on modifying the work done already.

The third aspect is that of generic vs "instantiated" (implementable?) capabilities. I do not see the direct link bewteen what I was discussing & this, but put forward what I thought was being implied. Perhaps this is really another thread (email), but it would be good to get feedback so we can progress on that aspect also.

Regards,
Tim