Subject: RE: Referencing external data from APs

Title: Referencing external data from APs
Gerry,

 215,216 & 218 all share the same mechanism defined within the Ship Common Model, but it is not restricted to libraries. There is a PLIB mechanism - service 2 I think (from memory), and something called an external_instance_reference in the ARM defined for incremental exchanges & across the APs. The latter uses (in part) a GUID which is basically an intelligent string and is represented as an applied_classification_assignment in the AIM.

I will discuss with Burt/Ron about who may give a presentation - I think EB have some good examples they may wish to show, else I can offer to describe the functionality.

regards,
Tim
-----Original Message-----
From: Radack, Gerald [mailto:radack@ctc.com]
Sent: 23 September 2004 12:29
To: wg3@tc184-sc4.org; wg12@tc184-sc4.org; jwg9@tc184-sc4.org; wg2@tc184-sc4.org
Subject: Referencing external data from APs

Below is an annoucement of a meeting session planned for Seattle.  I attempted to send the annoucement on 2004-09-18, but it appears that due to a problem using Outlook, it may not have gone to the intended lists.  If so, I apologize for the late notice.

In preparation for the session, I am doing a survey of the use of externally defined dictionaries and libraries by APs.  I would greatly appreciate it if somebody from each AP team could take a few minutes to answer the attached questionnaire concerning your use of externally reference data.  Please return by 2004-10-28 if possible.

Please let me know if you plan to participate in the session, and if you would like to make a presentation.

Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation.

DISCLAIMER: ***SECURITY LABEL: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED***   The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. This e-mail originates from LSC Group. Registered in England & Wales No 2275471 Registered Office: Devonport Royal Dockyard, Devonport, Plymouth, PL1 4SG