Subject: FW: [plcs-dex] OASIS PLCS OWL RDL

Title: Message
Second send of message to OAGIS DEX list - original rejected as my e-mail properties were wrong.  (I have not recent to direct addressees).

John Dunford,
Eurostep Limited,
25, Chaucer Road, BATH BA2 4QX, UK
Tel: +44 1225 789347
Mobile: +44 0797 491 8202
www.eurostep.com
www.share-a-space.com

-----Original Message-----
From: John Dunford [mailto:esukpc15@gotadsl.co.uk]
Sent: 17 September 2004 17:41
To: 'Rob Bodington'; 'Gordon Robb'; 'Carl-Johan Wilén'
Cc: 'Plcs-Dex teams (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] OASIS PLCS OWL RDL

Sadly the TD, like much else, was not fully completed or rationalized by PLCS, Inc. due to the limited resources.  The only agreed definitions are in those in the AP itself, i.e. the EXPRESS, the AAM Arrow and Activity definitions and any terms defined in Section 3 of modules.   Beyond this we are back in the usual state that "all meaning is negotiated".

I suspect that part of the problem picked up by the ever vigilant Mr.Robb is that some of the TRILS RD derive from CM (and other) systems already in use which pre-date the latest CM definitions developed by PLCS/EIA 649.  In the work Leif T did on definitions for support properties he came up with at least 10 definitions for availability, all from respectable sources.  We are going to hit this problem time and again.   In the DEX work we'll just have to be pragmatic and "pick one and go with it", whilst maintaining the option for users to develop and use local RD definitions if these are preferred (which of course does create limits to interoperability).