Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Summing up Synchronize workshop #3

Title: Message
Dear Trine, there is some interesting stuff here.  I like idea of an emerging set of global rules/constraints on the use of PLCS, implied by your conclusions slide 5 (and last bullet of Conclusion 4).   If some of this appears as Annex H of the AP itself, that would be great. However, they also need to be held in DEXLIB, so they can be grown over time with less pain.

In regard to the"business concepts" discussed by Conclusions 7,8 and 9,as far as I can see these are simply more, smaller DEXs.  I agree such DEXs are needed but I can see no reason for inventing a new name or for treating them differently from the DEXs we already have.   If it looks like a DEX, is documented like a DEX (see slide 14/conclusion 9) then surely it IS a DEX!

It was always intended that DEXs would overlap in scope.  It was always intended that one DEX could re-use another.  I agree the expanding set of DEXs do need a flexible index, related to business terminology, which lead users to the right DEX for their purposes.  Explanations about the context for  use of DEXs should however be held within the DEXs, not separately -this is what the Introductions/business context sections are for.

If I have missed the point with this, please let me know!  Otherwise, good luck in you ongoing struggles!

John Dunford,
Eurostep Limited,
25, Chaucer Road, BATH BA2 4QX, UK
Tel: +44 1225 789347
Mobile: +44 0797 491 8202
www.eurostep.com
www.share-a-space.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Trine.Hansen@dnv.com [mailto:Trine.Hansen@dnv.com]
Sent: 12 November 2004 16:56
To: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [plcs-dex] Summing up Synchronize workshop #3

All.
Please find attached some slides that sums up some conclusions and actions from the third "Synchronize" workshop.

<<Synch WS 3.ppt>>

Regards
Trine Hansen
UCTNO940, Information Quality Management
Det Norske Veritas AS
( + 47 67 57 96 38 (office)
( + 47 90 83 44 24 (mobile)
* trine.hansen@dnv.com
http://www.dnv.com

Neither the confidentiality nor the integrity of this message can be guaranteed following transmission on the Internet.
All messages sent to a DNV email addressee are swept by Sybari Antigen for the presence of computer viruses.
DNV acknowledges that SPAM email represents a potential security risk, and DNVs filters to block unwanted emails are therefore continuously adjusted. DNV has disabled "out of office" replies to the Internet