Subject: Classification of type and individual

Hi

In PLCS we make a distinction between a typical something and an actual something.

E.g

Part and product_as_realized

State_definition and State_observed

We are also able to classify things.

E.g.

A Part is classified as a Bicycle

A  State_definition is classified as a Fault state.

The question is, if I classify the typical things, do I need to classify the actual thing?

For example, if I classify a Part as being a bicycle, do I need to classify the Product as realised as representing my bike, as a being a bicycle, or do I just classify the Part?

Similarly for states.

If we impose a rule that you only classify the typical – not the actual, then you will always have to exchange both the typical and the actual.

Which may be overkill.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Rob