Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] RE: Capability property value ranges

Title: RE: [plcs-dex] RE: Capability property value ranges

Hi Tim,

Now I have looked at your templates, and the way you use them, and I have a few questions:

In your template representing_numerical_value_with_unit you have included the Property_value_representation entity, but as far as I understand from Cap Representing_location you are not using it. The inclusion appears to have been a copy-paste mistake. If so, I think I understand your requirements (i.e. everything but Property_value_representation.

I can see two resolutions here:

1) I change the Representing_numerical_value in cap Representing_properties_numerically to include a reference parameter ^item, in which case you would get exactly what you have now, or

2) I edit your representing_numerical_value_with_unit by deleting the Property_value_representation entity, and use that in Representing_numerical_value. It would then have a reference parameter ^item, and it would be located in Cap Representing_value_with_unit.

The first choice is the easiest for me, but kind of cludgy, so I think I go for the second choice.

I’m however not sure that I will include the representing_value_with_unit template in Cap Representing_value_with_unit. To me, I can’t see the difference between a value with unit and a numerical value with unit, and it seem to me that it will only confuse issues (‘which one is applicable where?’). Can you or someone else enlighten me regarding their difference?

Comments?

Cheers,

Peter