Subject: Name of template parameters

Hi,

I have been editing templates for a while now, and I have a question regarding the naming of parameters.

Why do we say xxx_class_name for parameters that are reference data? Just to indicate that they are reference data?

I think this makes things more confusing.

Take a numerical property as an example, I would anticipate to see a value parameter, and a unit parameter.

What we have is

- value

- unit_class_name

- si_unit

- rep_class_name

- rep_ecl_id

 -unit_ecl_id

It is not intuitive what ‘unit’ parameter to use, I think, but we can’t do much about that, except call si_unit ‘si_or_not’ or something… I don’t like that.

But I would like to change the rep_class_name to ‘context’, because it is the name of the context, not of the representation. I find it unnecessary to call it context_class_name, though.

And I would like to change unit_class_name to ‘unit’, since it is then easier to understand that this _is_ the unit (I think).

So my suggestion (which I have already implemented for your review in cap Representing_properties_numerically, template representing_value_numeric) is to have the following parameters:

-          value

-          unit

-          si_unit