Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Questions regarding Next_assembly_usage

In a breakdown (although for this particular example I should use a physical breakdown, not a functional) you would instantiate different breakdown_elements for the different locations, but I don't think it is the same as to say that it's the left or right wheel in an assembly of a car, or that an electronic component should be place in a specific place (named location) on a circuit board. In the latter we are actually talking about parts in a parts assembly, where we have a requirement for how or where the assembly is done.

You could do the same with a breakdown structure, but there you are not really talking about designed parts directly - you would have to realize the breakdown elements into parts to achieve the same.

In some cases that is desired, e.g. early design and in-support, but for the detailed design phase it is necessary to be able to talk of the location of a part in context of its upper level part in a parts assembly, as well. At least, that is my understanding...

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: David Price [mailto:david.price@eurostep.com]
Sent: den 31 mars 2007 01:50
To: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org

On Friday 30 March 2007 19:48, Peter Bergström wrote:
> Regarding location_indicator:
> If this is just a hangover, what in PLCS is replacing it?

I assumed a functional breakdowns covered this requirement. Is that wrong?

Cheers,
David

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Eurostep Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.