plcs-tog message

Subject: SV: [plcs-tog] TOG F-t-F 28 - 30 Nov 05

Title: TOG F-t-F 28 - 30 Nov 05
Nigel and all,

I will unfourtunatly not be able to attend this F-t-F meeting.

I have been assigned to (re-)organize the help section of DEXlib.
In the attached text file, there is a sumary of my activities so far.
The zip file contains a word document containing all information currently in the DEXlib Help structured according to the new t.o.c. (for easy printing/reading/access outside DEXlib.

My suggestion is that you look through the content during the meeting if there is time, and collect feedback for me.
If there is a telecon scheduled I'd appreciate if you let me know about it and I'll do my very best to attend.

Regards,
  Mats
Mats Nilsson – KC Logistik
FMV - Försvarets materielverk
Swedish Defense Materiel Administration
S-115 88 Stockholm, Sweden

tel: +46 8 782 47 24     mobile: +46 70 267 47 24
fax: +46 8 782 65 64     e-mail: mats.nilsson@fmv.se

PLCS DEX Information Pages 2005-11-23.zip

Report on the work on the DEXlib help files

- Restructured Help into four main sections. Some section names could probably be better.
  (more...)

- Renamed the "DEXlib Help" to "PLCS Information pages". My intention is that it in some way can be read as a stand-alone document. An XSL file which outputs one single HTML document according to the t.o.c. will be developed. The PLCS Information pages can then more easily be circulated (for comments, improvement or tutorial), while still originating from a single source (DEXlib).

- Not focused on editing existing text or entering new, mostly copied. This means some sections now contains redundant information when e.g. definitions has been copied from different sources. These sections needs beeing merged together. Some parts in sections are still in 'incorrect' places.

- Large gaps in the information, Especially the business sections. An idea is to write text around some of the old ppt-slided and include them as png in the business section. The "promotion" ppt-slides should contain quite a lot of useful information. Gaps also in the process descriptions (understandable as they are not yet stable). Place holders exist in the structure for process descriptions.

- My strong advise is that no document goes out for ballot before the text/images/process descriptions a.s.o. is included in DEXlib. A note could be added to the balloted documents which states that they are "approved".

- Figures should be harmonized regarding style, color and size.

- Some of the information is incorrect or out of date. A strategy on how to update the information could be a good idea to decide on.

- The "Capability review checklist" has (partly) been transformed from word-format into XML according to the "strong advise" above. Please comment on this. More info is provided below [email1] (sent out to Trine, Rob, Leif and Phil).

- Changed the 'Help' link in the top bannermenu to 'Info', and the link at the top of each page from 'Help index' to 'Info T.O.C.'.

[email1]
========