plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] Global rule [Was: Re: [plcs] The saga on "manage identification" / NSN]

In my view we concluded the discussion about global rules by saying that the
PLCS schema in the AP would have no additional rules.

We also concluded that there was a need for global rules and these would
created/managed/applied in the DEXs.

There are two places where we can apply these global rules. Either in a DEX, in
which case the rules will only be applicable to the DEX in which they are used.
Or in a capability, in which case they will be applicable to which ever DEX uses
the capability.

An alternative is to manage the rules separately to the DEXs and capabilities
and "Pull" them into whichever DEX/capability requires them.
The disadvantage of this approach is that we will divorce the rules from the
business context in which they have been created, namely the DEX and
capabilities.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington