plcs message

Subject: FAQ - ISO 15926 and OWL

Hi

I have had a quick look at the FAQ at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/plcs/faq.php  and the section on Reference data mentions this:

PLCS has based its approach to reference data on that adopted by ISO 15926 (Integration of life-cycle data for process plants including oil and gas production facilities). Further information can be found at http://www.posccaesar.com/ISO15926/iso15926.htm

I ‘m not sure that this answer accurately reflects the approach that we are taking. Given that PLCS has adopted an OWL approach to reference data, should we not modify this to at least mention OWL? How about:

The PLCS approach to reference data has been influenced by the ideas from ISO 15926 (Integration of life-cycle data for process plants including oil and gas production facilities). Further information on ISO 15926 can be found at http://www.posccaesar.com/ISO15926/iso15926.htm. PLCS reference data is represented using the Web Ontology Language (OWL). Further information on can be found at: http://www.w3.org/2004/OWL/

Any thoughts?

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington