plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] New TC process

Mary is quite correct, but as we noted at the TC meeting, the organisation structure for the DEX working groups as OASIS subcommittees means that individual experts can participate at DEX level by simply being members of the TC, without the overhead of attending TC telecons and meetings to sustain the participation requirements for voting.

There is no OASIS restriction on the number of voting members from any organisation, but members may wish to take a pragmatic view.

Howard Mason

From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: 19 April 2005 17:53
To: Mason, Howard (UK); plcs@lists.oasis-open.org

*** WARNING ***

Hello Howard and PLCS TC members,

  I just wanted to clarify something in Howard's summary:

>Each member organisation is invited to consider how it wants to play this framework. The assumption is that each organisation
>will decide which member should act as its voting member, with the attendance implications.  Also, any staff participating only
>in a subgroup need not worry about TC attendance requirements

There is no limit to how many voting members any organization can have on a TC; if Company X had  4 "members" on 14 April, all 4 automatically became voting members on 15 April.

  The new templates should be moved into place this week or next.

  I'll be happy to answer any questions; just let me know if there's anything you need!

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
OASIS