Subject: RE: [pmrm] FW: Notable developments this week in Privacy

I hope to be doing an analysis of the new European Commission proposals in the next days (clients permitting…) and will post a link to it once done..

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

From: pmrm@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pmrm@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Michael Willett
Sent: Wednesday, 25 January, 2012 08:27
To: pmrm@lists.oasis-open.org

PMRMers – FYI

You probably saw this otherwise, but just in case…

Michael

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

EU Data Protection Rules

European Commission proposes a comprehensive reform of the data protection rules
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/newsroom/data-protection/news/120125_en.htm

Europe Weighs Tough Law on Online Privacy
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/technology/europe-weighs-a-tough-law-on-online-privacy-and-user-data.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=europeancommission

US continue pushing on EU Commission against Data Protection proposals (posting on European Digital Rights website)
http://edri.org/edrigram/number10.1/us-pushes-eu-on-data-protection

Google

Google Blog Post: Updating our Privacy Policies and Terms of Service

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/updating-our-privacy-policies-and-terms.html

Google Privacy Policies Get Major Revamp

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/google-privacy-policies_n_1229470.html

Google’s Privacy Policy to Be Assessed by Irish Regulator

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-25/google-s-privacy-policy-to-be-assessed-by-irish-regulator.html

Jim McCabe
Senior Director, Standards Facilitation
American National Standards Institute