Subject: Cleveland KnowledgeNet Presentation

Dear all,

Today I presented "Using the Privacy Management Reference Model and Methodology to Explore Do Not Track Design" at the Cleveland KnowledgeNet. Thanks to Peter's PPT, which I annotated/updated, Michael's DNT Paper, my own DNT and EU ePrivacy 'Cookie' Requirement research along with naturally the PMRM paper, I was able to assemble, with very little effort, the attached presentation and represent the model and methodology almost in it's entirety. I found I needed clarity about what a PMA is, as I do believe this is an important output.

The presentation was well received and I walked away with the following observations and next step action items:
You will see in the ppt that I was not able, due to time constraints, to translate the specific Privacy Controls into Privacy Services and assign them to systems. My thoughts are to upgrade Michael's paper to include the ePrivacy Directive and a select/representative set of the 27 EU member implementations of the ePrivacy Directive (definitely the UK,which is the most defined and a few others). From there, there are a number of upgrades to the ppt slides that would:
Needless to say, this is more than likely a bigger task than can be accomplished quickly, however, you can see that I was energized by what I could accomplish in less than 16 hours following the PMRM and using the tools you all have created.

Best, Gail

Gail Magnuson LLC
Gail Ann Magnuson
Mobile: 1.704.232.5648