Subject: Letting you know that I am withdrawing the ballot to approve PMRM with changes

Members of the PMRM TC,

The change to the OASIS process that allows a TC to approve a working draft with non-material changes as a Committee Specification was intended to enable minor editorial fixes to be made without triggering the need for additional review. It also added the condition that should any member raise a concern, the ballot would be rescinded and the TC asked to send the work through public review before approving.

After opening your ballot to approve PMRM with Non-Material Changes (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2920)  I received a statement of concern that the changes made were so extensive as to exceed the intent of 'non-material.' I will admit that I myself had qualms when I saw the sheer volume of editorial changes.

Therefore, per the requirements of the TC Process (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec), I am withdrawing this ballot and requesting that you submit it a 15 day public review. Once that review has completed, you will be able to submit it for Special Majority Vote.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298