Subject: Thoughts from our meeting today

Hi all,

Many thanks for an energetic meeting! It certainly was informative to me. I certainly support fast tracking the PMRM to become an OASIS standard. Here are the notes I took by category....

Best, Gail

Communication and Announcements:
  1. Announce the PMRM to IAPP, EU and other Privacy Organizations...e.g. a press release
  2. Announce the PMRM to Data Protection Authorities, FTC, et.al
  3. Announce the PMRM to CPOs and DPOs
  4. Consider how to post
Include the PMRM in various global presentations:
  1. .... as discussed today
  2. in an article I am drafting that include various privacy engineering tools and techniques...please do send me initiatives that you are aware of
  3. et. al.
Conduct workshops:
  1. as discussed

Document the Use of the PMRM:
  1. Seek the release of the release of the PMRM use from the Ponemon Institute that demonstrates its use
  2. Work with entities and academics to exhibit it's use
  3. ......others

Integrate or relate the PMRM into other standards and methods and other initiatives (note I did not include upcoming conferences)

  1. PbD
  2. Prepare
  3. ISO (Privacy Engineer Framework)
  4. ISACA
  5. IEEE
  6. NIST
  7. MITRE
  8. Pripare
  9. Credential and PrismaCloud
  10. W3C
  11. OGC
  12. others....please add relevant papers and books that you recommend

Privacy Engineers:
  1. Relate the PMRM to the emerging role of the Privacy Engineer
  2. Relate the PMRM to the emerging integration of privacy engineering tools into the IT development processes

Tool Development:
  1. Find PhD candidates to develop the tool using the PMRM and the standards as part of his/her thesis
  2. ........
Track and comment on relevant initiatives:
  1. NIST Big Data Framework Volume 4
  2. NIST et. al.
  3. Mitre work for US govenment
  4. Pripare Handbook
  5. Smart Cities work re London and Amsterdam
  6. others?

Reach out in various venues:
  1.  ????
Gail Ann Magnuson