Subject: Re: [pmrm] Information on privacy engineering work

Antonio,

Thank you for sharing this synopsis, and for suggesting very strong joint actions we can take to advance the awareness and adoption of the PMRM.  I will be in touch with you about specific steps we can take to engage in the ISO privacy engineering study period and will work with you to put together a PMRM presentation.

Best regards,

John

John Sabo, CISSP
Chair, OASIS PMRM TC

On May 10, 2016, at 1:15 PM, Antonio Kung <antonio.kung@trialog.com> wrote:

Sorry, I used the wrong address for PMRM

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Information on privacy engineering work
Date : Tue, 10 May 2016 18:50:54 +0200
De : Antonio Kung <antonio.kung@trialog.com>
Pour : pmrm-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Copie à : pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org <pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org>

Dear all,

Here is some info on what I discussed during today PMRM confcall:

  • PRIPARE methodology handbook is now finalised and a press release was issued in March 2016 (http://pripareproject.eu/). I would like to thank OASIS for having helped us in this.
  • EIP-SCC (European Innovation Platform on Smart Cities and Communities - see https://eu-smartcities.eu/) includes an initiative called Citizen Centric Approach to Data- Privacy by Design (https://eu-smartcities.eu/content/citizen-centric-approach-data-privacy-design)
  • Here are some developments in ISO SC27/WG5 related to privacy and privacy engineering
    • A study period on privacy in IOT has started
    • A study period on privacy in smart cities is on-going
    • I have proposed a new work item proposal for a technical report : privacy engineering. The scope of the NWIP is attached.
    • ISO WG9 on big data is undertaking the standardisation ISO-20547of Big data reference architecture. I believe it is based on the work of NIST. Part 4 of the standard: security and privacy fabric will be developed by SC27/WG5.

I see an interest in creating a liaison between ISO SC27/WG5 and OASIS to allow the promotion and integration of PMRM in the ISO context. Since I am active in SC27/WG5, I could help. For instance, I see a benefit in organising a presentation of PMRM and even proposing an ISO study on the integration of PMRM into the ISO landscape

Antonio Kung
--
<Mail Attachment.png> Antonio Kung
TRIALOG SA, 25 rue du Général Foy, 75008 PARIS