provision-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: marc.baumgart@dcon.de

We're currently designing an integrated service provisioning solution that includes user self service, configuration management, standard change management, charging and fullfillment automation.

For us, "service provision" means requesting, approving, implementing, upgrading, canceling and billing all kinds of IT Services. Services include "Accounts" as definied in the SPML specification as well as client hardware, extensions to client hardware (e.g. an additional video adapter to a PC or software installed on a client hardware) or services manually fullfilled by support staff (e.g. the relocation of equipment to another user).

We're wondering, if the SPML specification is suitable as basis for data models and inter-module communication of our solution. It seems that SPML V 1.0 and its further development exclusively focusses on the provision of user accounts and access privileges of computer systems.

Do you agree with this estimation?
Or would you reccomend to use SPML for our solution?
Thanks for your answers!

Regards
Marc Baumgart
CEO