provision-comment message

Subject: Re: [provision-comment] Possible inconsistency in SPMLv2 'suspend'capability

Title: Re: [provision-comment] Possible inconsistency in SPMLv2 'suspend' capability
Hi Gabe,

I think the answer is in the name of the request, namely ‘suspend’.

Now, I haven’t looked at the spec before replying, but I’ll interpret the effectiveDate in <suspendRequest> as the ‘disable’ date and the effectiveDate in a <resumeRequest> as the ‘enable’ date.

So to answer your question, I think the reasonable interpretation, in the face of the contradiction, is to treat the effectiveDate on a
suspendRequest as the date that an object MUST be disabled.

Looks like maybe we need to add an entry to the errata document (which I also didn’t look at, but I don’t think this in there.)

--Kent