Subject: Re: [provision] Proposed Charter

I think the charter that Darran put together is right on target, but there
is a slight disconnect between the charter and the proposed acronym, SPML. I
like SPML (and I love Spam), but in the charter we refer to provisioning
resourcers and the acronym refers to provisioning services. This was the
same point I brought up before about SPML. It only works if we define a
"Service to be provisioned" as equivalent to a "Resource to be provisioned".

We could use Resource Provisioning ML (RPML), but I think that is already
taken as another XML TLA. Note that I refer to these XML TLAs (3 letter
acronyms) as TLAs rather than FLAs (four letter acronyms) since the M and
the L are allways used together and can be considered to be a meta-acronym.

If we want to keep PSML as our TLA, then weshould tweak the charter to refer
to Services where we currently refer to Resources and define a Server to be
equivalent to a resource.

Jeff Bohren