Subject: [provision] Provisioning: SPML and OSSJ-SA

Title: Provisioning: SPML and OSSJ-SA

Hi folks,
There are many instances of cooperation between OASIS and the JCP.  The latest is around SAML.

SAML at OASIS: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/
SAML JSR: http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/155.jsp

Similarly, OASIS is working on Provisioning and so is JSR89. SPML is mostly driven by Provisioning/Directory/Security vendors, and is narrowly focused on Provisioning.  SPML is just getting started. JSR89 is mostly driven by Telcos and seems to be very broad (includes Provisioning, Order Management, etc).  JSR89 is in beta.

SPML Home:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/provision/

SPML Discussions:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/provision/

OSSJ-SA Home:
http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/89.jsp

OSSJ-SA Discussions:
http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/ossj-sa-forum.html

Related OSS JSRs:
http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/90.jsp
http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/91.jsp

I have copied the SPML mailing list and many people on the OSSJ-SA list (sorry about the individual copies, since I cannot email the OOSJ-SA list).  We should invite/encourage cooperation between the 2 standards.

Thanks and regards,
-Anand