Subject: RE: [provision] DU0001 PSP - PST Create Account

Without repeating Darran's, I'll just add mine to his.

1. I don't believe steps 1 and 2 on lines 36 and 37 are necessary. I don't believe the introduction of a VID in this communication is necessary.

2. I don't believe step 7 on ine 42 is necessary.

3. This steps indicate an asynchronous communication mechanism. Do we need to support a synchronous mechanism?

4. We discussed the issue of partial completion of a request in the face-to-face. We should address that.

5. We also discussed the issue of the PST generating information, possibly even the PST ID,  and returning it as a result of the add request. We should address that also.

Tony
-----Original Message-----
From: Darran Rolls [mailto:Darran.Rolls@waveset.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 4:53 AM
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org

I offer the following comments on Use Case 1

1.     I propose the following change to the description line l-17

a.     This use case describes a PSP requesting the creation or addition of data (aka account(s) or data) on/to a PST.  A real world example would be a PSP requesting the creation at a new mail account on mail host PST.

2.     We should remove the PST connection information (AuthN out of scope) l-20

3.     l-21 would be better phrased as “…the set of attributes (or data) required by the PST to create a new instance of the managed data set” or something…

4.     I don’t understand l-22.  If this refers to the PSTID then this could be supplied or generated both of which require more definition

5.     I don’t understand the pre-condition “PSP has identity information of itself” l-34

6.     Could you explain why the PSP binds to the PST based on vID l-36

7.     L-38 step 3 implied the PSP is requesting a specific PSTID for the new request

8.     I don’t understand l-39 step 4.  Is the implication that my PSP requests a specific PSTID and the PST is notifying the PST that the PSTID is “available” and thus therein “reserved” for the then following creation?

9.     It probably pays to add the following pre-conditions

a.     PSP has an established trust relationship with the PST it wished to provision to

10.  On l-44 again the issue of “account” rather than “data”

Darran Rolls
MSIM  drolls_waveset@hotmail.com
AIM    drollswaveset
YIM    drolls_waveset