Subject: RE: [provision] Renaming the PSU

All,

I recommend Provisioning Service Object (PSO) or, if I may add Provisioning
Object (PO) as the request/object collector.

-Gavenraj

Gavenraj Sodhi
Senior Technology Analyst

Business Layers
The eProvisioning Company(tm)
P: (949) 388-0088
M: (949) 350-8808
F: (949) 767-5851
www.businesslayers.com

From: Darran Rolls
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: 11/22/02 10:46 AM
Subject: [provision] Renaming the PSU

At the F2F this week in Redmond I took an action item to open a list
discussion on renaming the Provisioning Service User in our concept
model.  The idea is that although the provisioning and management of
user related data is a major target for the SPML specification, our
charter is to define a model that generically supports provisioning of
data elements.  In short, nothing in the model protocol or specification
should be specifically tied to an account provisioning (aka User
provisioning) model.  With this in mind we looked for a new term to
represent this model element (previously referred to as the PSU and
subsequently the PSU-ID).   During the F2F we used the term PSx and
PSx-ID to refer to what is in essence a request or object collector that
is useful in the expression or collection of PSTD.

I'd like to open this renaming decision to the list.  Please choose one
of the following by return mail before the end of the day Wednesday
November 27th.

1.      Provisioning Service Object - PSO

2.      Provisioning Request Collector - PRC

3.      Provisioning Service Handle - PSH

Thanks,

Darran Rolls
MSIM  drolls_waveset@hotmail.com
AIM    drollswaveset