Subject: rough draft of spec.

A rough draft of the spec is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/provision/download.php/9628/draft-pstc-spml2-core-01.doc.

Off the top of my head, the aspects to review/discuss would be (in order):
1) organization
2) examples
3) key points that must be made
4) text

My goals for the organization were:
- to make the spec as readable as possible (top-down, front-to-back)
- to provide good examples (balancing simplicity with feature coverage)
- to make it easy to find reference information on specific operations
or schema elements
- to distinguish normative content (from non-normative content)

I've tried to achieve these goals by organizing the spec as follows:
- introduction
 -- concepts (and relationship to SPML 1.0)
- protocol description
  -- overview
  -- operations
       --- purpose (non-)
       --- request/response behavior (normative)
       --- examples (non-)
       *** build on each other, continuing a scenario. ***
       *** cover references, so as not to duplicate the scenario. ***
- schema reference
  -- usage (non-)
  -- syntax (normative)
- appendices (for anything we must cover but doesn't flow)

Known Deficiencies:
- text/content is very rough.  Examples are probably full of XML errors.
- many subsections TODO or need REWORK
- examples will be *very important* (and carrying them throughout really
helps)
- need to make sure all key points are addressed

Thanks,

gary