Subject: Re: [provision] Keeping results of asychronous operations.

That makes sense.  It would be nice for a provider to advertise its
retention limit, but this doesn't exactly rise to the level of protocol
specification.  I can also see that one requestor checking results of an
operation shouldn't necessarily trigger a provider to delete those results.

Hal Lockhart asserted in Tuesday's conference call that a specification
should not guard against non-functional implementations.

Does anyone have a problem with taking a line like the one that Jeff
proposes?