Subject: RE: [provision] Keeping results of asychronous operations.

I am afraid I don't see the value of this issue being addressed in the
specification. That the status is retained for some time period should
be self-evident, otherwise there would be no reason to have a status
request. However the specific time period is up to the service
implementer.

I am not comfortable with not keeping the status after a status request
is done. The problem with that approach is that the client may have
issued a status request but there may have been a failure to process the
status results.

The only way I would address this in the spec would be something like:

"The service SHOULD maintain the status of asynchronous requests for the
purposed of responding to status requests for a specific duration, where
that duration is published out-of-band to potential clients."

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

Try the industry's only 100% .NET-enabled identity management software.
Download your free copy of Universal IdP Standard Edition today. Go to
www.opennetwork.com/eval.