Subject: Re: [provision] async lookup?

Sure. It's a chicken-and-egg thing--a conundrum.
1) It doesn't make sense for a requestor to specify asynchronous
execution for a listTargets operation asynchronously because the
requestor cannot know whether the provider supports asynchronous
execution until AFTER the requestor has examined the set of capabilities
that each target supports.
2) It doesn't make sense for a provider to choose asynchronous execution
for a listTargets operation because the requestor will have no way of
knowing whether the provider supports asynchronous execution (and that
the provider therefore might choose to execute a requested operation
asynchronously) until AFTER the requestor has examined the set of