Subject: RE: [provision] Issues on Suspend Capability

The new discussion of complex references and the description of the
workaround
seem logical to me. Using the analogy of a normalized database to
explain the
need for relationship objects is an excellent way to help the reader
understanding
the issue. We should add the new sections to the next draft version.

Martin

PS: Due to a conflict I will not be able to attend the SPML call next
week (March 26th)
-----Original Message-----
From: Gary P Cole [mailto:Gary.P.Cole@Sun.COM]
Sent: Montag, 18. April 2005 00:48
To: PSTC

Attached is a draft of the revised Reference Capability section.  The
main change is the new discussion of Complex References.  I use RACF
Group Memberships as an example of complex reference type.  I also
discuss limitations of modeling complex relationships as references, and

discuss how a provider could use an object to represent each instance of

a complex relationship.

I left the titles of the sections preceding the reference capability
section (just to keep the outline numbers the same), but I removed all
of the content (to keep the attachment small and to keep the review
focussed on this section).

Aside from this section, most of the changes so far in Draft 7 have been

small.  I probably will not release Draft 7 until I get a new XSD
version from Jeff Bohren or a new Security and Privacy section from Hal
Lockhart.  (Even a new Security and Privacy section won't affect other
sections and could be reviewed independently--like this one.  I'll
probably wait for the new XSD version.)

Please let me know what you think about this Reference Capability
section, so that I can address those review comments into Draft 7.