Subject: RE: [provision] Attributes Correspondence--now with RACF.

see my comments below
Martin

Please find a list of all Liberty SIS PP / EP attributes in the
Excel sheet attached to this mail. I created this list in order to compare
it with our schema attributes. My plan is to submit our schema attributes
by then end of week 13.

>suggested that we do that.  However, patterns are starting to form--or
>maybe I've just been looking at this too long. ;-)
>It would be nice at some point to put these schema attributes and
>correspondences into a database so that we could analyze data, report
>results and people could contribute additional schemas or revised
>correspondences.
>
>I'm trying to remove the emotion (as much as possible) from
>the process
>of selecting "standard" attributes. I have no problem special-casing a
>few favorites (and the attributes that model standard capabilities
>probably get a pass as "operational" attributes), but I'd like the
>criteria for selecting the rest of the attributes to be as
>objective as
>possible.
>
>My biggest question is this:  In general, at what threshold of
>functional correspondence (commonality) we should nominate/consider an
>attribute to be "standard"?
>A) Every schema must have an attribute that functionally corresponds.
>B) The majority of schemas must have an attribute that functionally
>corresponds.
>C) More than one schema must have an attribute that functionally
>corresponds.
>D) One schema must have an attribute that functionally corresponds.
>
>What do you all think?

I would vote for option B) since A) might lead us to a very narrow and
C) and D) to a too broad list of attributes. Nevertheless, I am sure there will be
attributes where it's difficult to decide whether they 'functionally correspond'
or not and where we have to decide on a case-by-case basis.

LibertySchemas.xls