Subject: Read-Only Provider

Another use-case on the wiki is ready for review: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/provision/ReadOnlyProvider

The read-only provider use-case makes the case for considering a read-
only provider to be conformant.  Currently, SPMLv2 requires a provider
to support the core operations, including add, modify and delete.
Anil John raised this use-case, supported by Thomas Smith.

I will ask Richard Sand to schedule this use-case for review during
the next PSTC meeting on Monday, 4/25.  I realize that this is short
notice, but the write-up is only about 3 pages and the business-level
use-case is fairly straightforward.  If at the time of the meeting
participants feel that they need more time to prepare, we can delay
the review.

Gary

ps.  Please peruse the current list of potential use-cases on the
wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/provision/PotentialUseCases
- So far, only ForgotMyPassword and ReadOnlyProvider have been written
up according to the template.
- I've discussed with Anil on the list some aspects of simple search
that might bear on a SimpleProfile.
- Dan Perry and Richard Sand plan to work on Synchronization
Capabilities.
- We need volunteers to write up additional use-cases: pick your
favorite!