regrep-cooperating message

Subject: RE: Use Case Submission: Need a global registry to publish/discov erebXMLRegistries

reply:
Most folks were not talking "publically" about the prospect of "private"
UDDI registries in March or April 2001.  I believe that this Use Case that
Farrukh has outlined is a very valid one and also believe that removing the
reference to "global" does not minimize the Use Case at all.  I recommend
honoring Dan's original request.
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikola Stojanovic [mailto:nikola.stojanovic@encodasystems.com]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 8:19 AM
To: regrep-cooperating@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: Use Case Submission: Need a global registry to
publish/discover ebXMLRegistries

<Dan>
I disagree. It is the business and service nature of UDDI that makes it
special for this use case. For example, a corporation can have a UDDI
Registry that "points" to various ebXML Registries that it has.
You may want to check with Scott on this.
</Dan>

If one looks at Scott's presentation given at the ebXML Vancouver meeting
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-regrep/200102/pdf00012.pdf (might also
search for word "global") it seems that vision expressed in that document is
in synch with what is in the proposed Use Case.

Nikola Stojanovic
Lead Technologist, Research and Development
Encoda Systems Inc.
101 Pineview Terrace
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA
nikola.stojanovic@encodasystems.com