regrep-cooperating message

Subject: Re: Use Case Submission: Need a global registry to publish/discoverebXMLRegistries

That was many moons ago. Things have changed. Private UDDI was not in the
picture then, I believe, and ebXML was still an entity to itself.

In any case, "global" is not a meaningful distinction. Any registry, UDDI
or ebXML, with a URL can be accessed globally. The distinction, I believe,
is in that UDDI Registry is a business/service registry while ebXML
Registry is a general artifact registry. That is why one will go to UDDI
Registry to find ebXML Registry, not the other way around.

Regards,  Dan

Metadata Management Technology and Standard
IBM DBTI for e-Business
Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)