regrep-cooperating message

Subject: [regrep-cooperating] Administrative use cases

Team,

In our original set of use cases we did not include several important
administrative use cases necessary to manage a federation and its
membership.

What do you think of the following use cases. I see some of them mapping
to operations on interfaces and the basis for defining XML
Request/Response messages for said operations. For example, the "Joining
A Federation" use case may map JoinFederationRequest and
JoinFederationResponse messages in the XML schema.

The use cases follow. Please comment on these and also suggest any
additional use cases.

Creating A Federation
-----------------------

Actor: Registry; Role: FederationLeader

A registry creates a new federation and assumes the role of the
federation leader.

Dissolving A Federation
-----------------------

Actor 1: Registry; Role: FederationLeader
Actor 2: Registry(s); Role FederationMember

A FederationLeader notifies all FederationMember registries that it is
dissolving the federation.

Joining A Federation
---------------------

Actor 1: Registry 1; Role: FederationMember
Actor 2: Registry 2; Role: FederationLeader

Registry 1 requests to join an existing Federation as a federation
member.
Registry 2 that is the federation leader grants the requests and accepts
Registry 1
as a FederationMember.

Seceding from A Federation
-----------------------------

Actor 1: Registry 1; Role: FederationMember
Actor 2: Registry 2; Role: FederationLeader

Registry 1 notifies Registry 2 that it is  seceding or leaving a
Federation that it is a federation member.

BTW, I just noticed that Zach had posted comments on the original use
cases. Sorry I missed them until now. May be a good idea to give hint in
main message if there are commments inline below.

--
Regards,
Farrukh