regrep-cooperating message

Subject: Re: [regrep-cooperating] Cooperating registries verson 0.4

Farrukh,

Excellent work, as usual.  One thing that popped into my head when I was
reading section 5.1.5 (Hierarchical Registries) was the DNS concept of
zone transfers.  These zone transfers, in the DNS system are dependent
on a refresh variable set in the zone configuration to determine how
often the zone should be propagated.

My first thought is that local objects should have a refresh frequency,
expressed as an ISO 8601 period of time.  This could be a default that
is written into the specification, or an attribute in the appropriate
RIM interface.  I think this is a necessary issue to address, because
certain applications will require a more aggressive caching schedule
than others, so configuration at the object, organization or registry
level is desirable.

Regards,

Matt

--