regrep-ex-scheme message

Subject: Re: ExternalClassification proposal

Some minor modification/optmization below:

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Here is a proposal for external classification.
>
> Create a new sub-class of Classification called ExternalClassification.
> This class defined the following attributes (note that not all inherited
> attributes arementioned)
>
> Example
> ---------
> Lets assume we are classifying an Organization by an ExternalClassifier
> for the NAICS "Automobile and Light Duty Motor Vehicle Manufacturing"
> category which has name "Automobile and Light Duty Motor Vehicle
> Manufacturing" and value "33611" in NAICS.
> NAICS classification scheme has a name (URN) "ntis-gov:naics:1997".
>
> Attribute classificationScheme
> --------------------------------
> This would be the URN for an external  classificationScheme and in our
> example would be "ntis-gov:naics:1997".

We could reuse the inherited targetObject attribute to point to the
ClassificationScheme in case of ExternalClassification.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard