regrep-ex-scheme message

Subject: Re: RegistryEntryQuery with ExternalClassification

Teams(s),

First I must agree that it is desirable to address both internal and external
Classification using
the same FilterQuery means. However.....

We are currently engaged in the following 2 activities in the two teams:

-Agreeing to a solution for external Classification
-Updating the FilterQuery section of RS for RIM changes, bug fixes and new
functionality

Len's previous message is combining the two activities which I hink is
problematic.

I would like to propose a process as follows:

-We (Query team) do not address anything in FilterQuery that is not yet a team
reccomendation.

-We (Query team) update FilterQuery as far as we can based on what has team
reccomendation status

-We (Classification team) work on external Classification only. When it is agreed
upon by team then it can
be addressed by the (Query team) to update FilterQuery.

-The Query teams update of FilterQuery would be an interative process given that
there are unfinished work items for V2
and that they may result in RIM changes.

Note that if we try to do both activities together we will likely have rework and
confusion.

I ask Lisa for guidance on this process issue. In the meantime, I will focus on
bringing my original proposal and Len's followup thoughts closer together and see
if we can quickly get agreement on the external classification issue.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Len Gallagher wrote:

> External Scheme and Query teams,
>
> re-send -- this time with a subject line!
>
> Recently Farrukh Najmi proposed a new subtype of Classification to support
> the requirements of being able to reference external classification schemes.
>
>     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-ex-scheme/200109/msg00000.html
>
> The attached document draws a UML diagram based on Farrukh's proposal that
> would be the basis for accommodating the proposal in a RegistryEntryQuery.
> Then it makes some assumptions in order to simplify the UML view so that
> registry entry queries could be expressed in exactly the same way for both
> "internal" and "external" classifications.
>
> -- Len

> Len Gallagher                             LGallagher@nist.gov
> NIST                                      Work: 301-975-3251
> Bldg 820  Room 562                        Home: 301-424-1928
> Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970 USA           Fax: 301-948-6213

>                          Name: ExternalScheme.pdf
>    ExternalScheme.pdf    Type: Acrobat (application/pdf)
>                      Encoding: BASE64

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard